A regular gas boiler service is essential to ensure the correct and safe operation of your boiler. A defective gas boiler can result in higher energy bills as it may not be operating at the manufactures specified settings. This could also result in the incomplete combustion of the gas fuel, making the presence of the deadly poisonous Carbon Monoxide gas likely.
Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas and for this reason it is highly dangerous. It is very difficult to know if your appliance is producing carbon monoxide without preforming the essential service checks. Servicing your gas boiler regularly will ensure the safe operation of your appliance while also keeping your home safe.
It is a legal requirement that only a Registered Gas Installer is permitted to service your gas boiler. All of our boiler engineers are RGI registered and have both the required competency and experience when it comes to servicing and commissioning of your gas boiler.
What’s Involved in a Gas Boiler Service
If you decide you need your boiler require its annual service you can use our online booking form or alternatively contact us via the contact us page and we will assist you in your booking of your gas boiler service. You will then receive an agreed time window and date. The day before your agreed service date you will receive a reminder message to your mobile phone. If required we can also call you if you feel the need.
Upon arrival our engineer will present you with a copy of his gasworks identification badge along with his RGI identification.
The engineer will require you to turn on the boiler on arrival to verify that it is operational. A Typical boiler service should take 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete and it will consist of a 20 point gas boiler service checklist. Once satisfied that your boiler passes the required checks and is preforming safely and efficiently. You will receive a declaration of conformance along with a copy of the service checklist.
Gas Boiler Service Checklist
- Check gas line for soundness
- Check boiler location, is the boiler location suitable
- Check For the correct ventilation as appropriate
- Check boiler for any visual damage
- Check for flue spillage
- Check flue condition, routing and terminal location
- Check condensate
- Check main burner and clean as necessary
- Check pilot burner and all probes and cabling
- Check heat exchanger and clean as necessary
- Check main burner operation and adjust as required
- Check the operation of flame sensing control
- Check flue effectiveness whilst boiler is operational
- Check for gas soundness with boiler running
- Check for electrical isolation and correct 3 amp fuse is fitted
- Check for correct polarity and wiring is correct
- Check operation of boiler thermostat
- Check system pressure and expansion vessel pressure
- Check correct boiler operation
- Carry out combustion tests